- 4 weeks or less if the machine time is available
- 4 to 8 weeks for standard lead time orders
- Under 4 weeks for small quantities, tooling, or special situations
- Lead times are from receipt of order. The required lead time is influenced by the following factors:
- Previously contracted work load on the required machines at the time an order is placed,
- The delivery lead time of the required raw materials,
- The actual required machining time,
- The time required for any outside processing requirements,
- The needs of the customer,
- The flexibility of our other customer's delivery dates.
- All common manufacturing metals except cast iron and graphite (we do make rare exceptions)
- Most exotic materials such as Titanium, Inconel, Monel, Kovar
- Plastics and Phenolics
- Virtually any raw material form, including castings, forgings, bar stock, ingots, and plate stock
Chromic Type I A, Sulfuric Type II and Hard Coat Type III conforming to MIL-A-8625 as well as customer specific requirements.
We also offer Dying (Colors), Sealing (Nickel Acetate, Dicromate and Hot Water), Chemical Coating and neutralization.
For Stainless Steel products per QQ-P-35 C Types II & VI.
- Machining Centers: 50" x 24" x 30"
- Swiss type Lathes: 1.25" O.D. x 80"
- Chucking Lathes: 18" O.D. x 60"
Part size capability is very dependent on the geometry of the part and the required machining operations. Multi-axis machining can substantially reduce the maximum size.
+/- .0001" is considered a normal tolerance
+/- .00005" under environmentally controlled conditions and depending on the part geometry
Milling and turning of material up to 40 RC is considered normal. We can turn materials over 60 RC in special situations. Grinding of hardened tool steel at 60 RC or higher is also common.
MSI can mill and turn to better than a 16 finish. We can grind to an 8 finish or better.